As the temperature outside begins to dip into the chilly range, and the air takes on that familiar crispness, I can’t help but get excited about all the cozy drinks that come with the cooler weather! While I do enjoy a pumpkin spice latte every now and then, my go-to cozy drink will always be a London Fog Latte – especially during the fall and winter months. With just a few simple ingredients, you can whip up a warm and comforting cup of tea that will transport you to a cozy cafe on a rainy day.
Making a London Fog Latte at Home
To make a London Fog Latte at home, you’ll need some:
- Earl Grey tea (my personal favorite is the Double Bergamot from Stash)
- Milk of choice (any type will do),
- Lavender syrup
- Vanilla syrup
- Start by brewing a strong cup of tea using the Earl Grey tea bag (fill the mug half full).
- While the tea is steeping, froth your milk until it’s nice and creamy.
- Once your milk is ready, add a pump of lavender syrup and a pump of vanilla syrup to your tea, and give it a quick stir.
- Then, gently pour your frothed milk on top of the tea, and sprinkle with a little bit of cinnamon or nutmeg if you like. And voila! You’ve made yourself a delicious and cozy London Fog Latte.
NOTE: If you don’t have a milk frother at home, you can still make a delicious London Fog without it. Just heat up your milk on the stove or in the microwave until it’s warm, and blend it with a whisk or handheld blender until it’s nice and frothy. It might not be as perfect as a milk frother, but it gets the job done!
Experiment with Different Milks and Sweeteners
London Fogs are also a great way to experiment with different types of milk and sweeteners. If you’re looking for something a little less sweet, try using honey or agave syrup instead of vanilla syrup. And if you’re feeling adventurous, try using a non-dairy milk like almond or coconut for a slightly nutty and creamy flavor. I always start with a little bit of syrup and add more if needed… its all about personal preference!
As fall and winter bring cooler weather and the days get shorter, there’s nothing like cozying up with a warm London Fog Latte. And while there are plenty of cozy drinks out there, a London Fog Latte will always hold a special place in my heart (or should I say, stomach!). With just a few simple ingredients, you can enjoy all the comfort and warmth of a cozy cafe drink from the comfort of your own home. So go ahead, grab your favorite mug, and indulge in a little bit of cozy self-care this fall.
For your convenience, all items mentioned here (including that cute Gilmore Girls mug) can be found on my Amazon Storefront.
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. This means, if you purchase something from a link I provided, I will receive a small commission. This is at no extra cost to you! Thank you for your support!